Monday, February 9, 2009

Start strong Mondays.

For the last....I don't know how long, I've been getting an email titled Start strong Mondays, from Shawn Phillips (brother of very successful Bill Phillips, founder of EAS and the Body for Life challenge, yes I did do it and it works if you can live on protein powder and chicken breast)anywhooo, I of course click "delete" as I do with the all the other adverts and tempting sales notices and it got me thinking........Impressive I know.
Well I freakin' HATE Mondays!! Garfield and I are soul mates for this fact alone.

I wondered why. It's a new beginning, the start of a routine, I should be able to set goals and actually make it through at least one day, but nay, I don't want to get up, don't want to work out I have somewhat of a food hangover from my Sunday of eating junk, sitting around, no exercise and not enough water etc etc. The last thing I want is to go to the gym at my usual class time since the choices are Total conditioning (translate to:are you ready to throw up in the push up position and then drop your face in it 20 more times?) or FIT (translate to: do lunges and squats on this bosu ball for the next hour whilst pushing dumbbells and bars at all angles)If you think they sound easy you obviously haven't been!!!
So....today whilst brushing 6 inches of snow off my car (in snow boots)I decided I'd at least throw my trainers in the car in case I got the urge to work out.
I dropped off kids and went tanning, cos let's face it, even fat looks better tan then decided to hit the 10am Spin.
Yeah, I know, I'm a rock star!!! I worked hard and it felt so good. I admit my Sunday takes it's toll but I made a good choice and I am happy.
So thanks Shawn for the encouragement and to quote Bill "If you show up to the gym and do a half a.. workout, it's better than not showing up at all."
Sometimes you just gotta show up :)
Have a great Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the Monday thing. I went to a class (Zumba Interval), but went kicking and screaming...as did my kids! But once it was over I was glad that I went. While I was there I also signed myself up for two spin classes (W, Th). I love cycling - how about you?

    ReplyDelete